Private Day Tour to Rosetta (Rashid) city from Cairo. Rosetta (Ar-Rashid in Arabic), squatting on the western branch of Nile, 65km northeast Alexandria. Rosetta was once the most important Egypt’s significant port. Travel through Delta region to reach Rosetta ( 275km), reach the town , Here the streets are packed with donkeys pulling overloaded carts, old market area (Souq) has an amazing atmosphere of centuries past with basket-weavers artfully working fronds and blacksmiths harmmering away in medieval-looking shop fronts. Ar – Rashid Town is considering the second place after Cairo in its striking Islamic architecture. Town’s houses in the form of beautifully crafted Ottoman – ERA merchants’ houses. Visiting House of Abu Shaheen, The house of Amasyali the most impressive building with its vast expanses of Mashrabiyya (Islamic Windows art), Ar – Rashid Museum and Hammam Azoz ( old bathhouse) , after travel to Abukir bay for first – class fish lunch in Old Greece Zephyrion Restaurant , then back to Cairo through Alexandria.
Visit Ar-Rashid (AKA Rosetta Town), where the Rosetta Stone was discovered, with this day tour from Cairo. You’ll explore ancient streets and markets, see beautiful Ottoman and Islamic architecture, and dine on fresh seafood, all with an Egyptologist guide to show you around. Highlights include the House of Amasyali, with its Islamic windows and the historic Hammam Azoz bathhouse.
- Visit Ar-Rasihd (AKA Rosetta) with an Egyptologist guide
- Round-trip transfers from your hotel are included
- All entrance fees and a seafood lunch are included
- Private tour for a personalized experience.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible mandatory.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate